'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 6 January 2013

A bit of this and a bit of that.

The great sort out of magazines etc. has, I'm glad to say, been finished. I have a mountain of empty ring  binders, an avalanche of paper for recycling, a cascade of empty plastic pockets, and space  on my book shelves. All I need to do now is to get my act together about trying to sell my redundant books, and then there'll be room for some new ones!

I've also finished my subtitle-reading knitting. Take 2 different balls of wool and knit two stripes of each colour, increasing at the ends and twice in the middle on every other row till you run out of wool.  It has come out a little small, but I've been wearing it cowboy fashion in the neck of my coat, and it's very warm. That meant I had to find some more simple knitting, so there is another scarf on the needles. Of course I have lots of scarves already, but I'm on a mission to use up my stash and what's left is mostly odd balls, and sock yarn.


Speaking of subtitles, if you missed 'Borgen' last night, I strongly recommend you try to catch up with it, especially the first episode. As a summary of the pros and cons of sending soldiers to Afghanistan it beat any news programme I've ever seen - and it was much more interesting and moving than that description makes it sound. It was a bit confusing to see 4 actors from various seasons of 'The Killing' reincarnated into very different roles in life, especially when one of them was the Prime Minister before Christmas and is now a car salesman. But I digress.

I plucked up the courage to restart page 3 (or possibly page 4) of the book. Arrows going in all directions, symbolic of my general confusion and lack of decisiveness. 









Tomorrow we are being grandparental again, with not one but two spotty small people. Yes, the VHC copied his big sister and got chickenpox as well. A poorly big sister was easy to occupy, but a spotty 17 month old may be a little harder to entertain all day, but I'm sure we will rise to the challenge!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your work and do agree it does feel good getting rid of magazines etc. I sold loads of quilting art and cloth paper scissors on ebay and many of my books via my blog and amazon. Give it a try it really works !

Margaret Cooter said...

Great knitting pattern - once I finish with the crochet tea cosy, I'll try it out!