'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 11 January 2013

Something old, something new.


Starting with the new, something which always cheers me up in the middle of winter.























While I was out in the garden I took the opportunity to photograph some old friends. Some have survived better than others: 'Mirror' is looking very good, but 'Storm Cones' has become 'Storm Cone' and there was no trace of the other half. 












'Moving On' is not moving on much. The second attempt at page 3 is not much better than the first. W. reckons it needs more arrows, but that would mean some unpicking. I know he's right, but... 

I can't make up my mind whether to get started on page 5, which is sort of designed but needs some preparation, or bite the bullet and tackle page 3. I'll see what I feel like in the morning.

And finally - some exciting news <g>. The FDA graduates have been selected as the student team of the year, so we are invited to the Eastleigh College Awards Evening, where we will receive the applause of the assembled multitude, a pen set each, and presumably a bit of paper as well. 

In my former life I attended a number of college awards evenings, on occasions making witty boring speeches about awardees, so it will make a change to be on the receiving end. Bet it's no more exciting than the graduation ceremony, though, but hopefully with fewer speeches...

No comments: