'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 19 April 2013

A little bit of stitching.

And a fair amount of bitching, since 'Posts', which is the ap I use to write these posts, and Wordpress are not playing nicely together. (Yes, I know this is a Blogger blog, but I have two Wordpress blogs as well and since I changed the passwords for those, life has got a bit complicated.) But I digress. 


These two are the first of a planned four - because I've got enough fabric to make four. Inspired by what I learned from Karen Ruane, I looked for shapes in the hand-dyed silk to create the design, and flowers emerged. Not my usual colours - I think someone gave me the fabric in a swap - but I've enjoyed trying something a bit OTT.


I'm not sure if they are going to be resolved samples, a book (a bit too 3D for that) or this morning's inspired (?) thought, a vessel.









Just before Easter I bought some daffodils - my favourite flower, and very cheering up. They got photographed, and the photograph got apped. Mostly in iColorama, but in Decim8 as well.


























These two got printed, and went away on holiday to have some stitch.
















 


And this is about as far as I got. There were some French knots, but those have been removed and a bit of appliquéd silk added. (Sharp eyes will notice that this is the opposite way up to the picture above!)











Then there's this, all my leftovers of grey and pink 4 ply being turned into a blanket. 


That's 5 things I've given myself to do at the same time.


So I'd better stop typing and start stitching, hadn't I?



And if there is lots of wide open space in this post, it was 'Posts' idea, not mine.






No comments: