'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 27 June 2009

How many pages make a book?

I’ve spent the afternoon making [or strictly speaking, starting] pages for the sample book which I need to finished by Tuesday for Contemporary Textiles. For some reason I'm fixated on the idea that I need 7 signatures of 2 sheets – I don’t know why, there were no restrictions on what we did. So far I’ve done 8 but I am underwhelmed by a couple of them. I finally gave up when I realised that I was just moving samples from a heap on the ironing board to a heap on the worktable and back again.

Love making books, hate doing it under pressureIMG_7287-1.

So, to cheer myself up, today’s photo is something I spotted in our hedge when we went out this morning.

Not sure what its proper name is but I call it ‘Mock Orange’. A pity I can’t post the scent, too.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Philadelphus. Mine has stopped flowering along with most of the stuff in my garden.