'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 11 March 2008

We got back safely

from Newbury last night, just before the worst of the storm. It was well worth going – the play was excellent. It was ‘The Complete Works of William Shakespeare [Abridged]’, which I am sure almost everyone in the English-speaking world has seen, apart from me and Wensleydale. If you haven’t seen it – it is hysterical, even if you know nothing about Shakespeare. Even in you have seen it before– our co-grandparents had, and said it had been updated.

I am not sure whether the [primary?] school which had sent a school party really knew what they were going to be seeing, though.

And now for something completely different - as someone once said. Some time ago I mentioned that I had been taking a course with Sue Bleiweiss. Then I went silent – because I couldn’t keep up. This is not something I am comfortable with – as I have mentioned before I am somewhat of an anal personality.

Today, having finished the magnum opus, I went back to week 1 of Sue’s course [blush] and made a book. [Now there’s a surprise.]

This was a new structure for me – a cover made of cloth and tissue paper, stiffened with card, and with three pamphlet stitched signatures. I am only showing you the outside because the inside is a bit ropy – not the teacher’s fault, entirely the student’s. But I had fun making it and the next one will be better.

The buttons are entirely non-functional but they seemed to go well with the cover and they make me smile!

1 comment:

Beth H said...

Hi,

I, too, took Sue's recent course and couldn't keep up. I'm still working on lesson 1, just like you. I'm happy to see that I am not alone! Your journal looks great, btw, and I love the little buttons.