'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 4 August 2008

Odds and Ends

For some reason. it often seems to happen that I finish two or more things at the same time. For example, last night I finished my Owen Davies knock-off embroidery - although now I have to decide what I am going to do with it.
Today I decided that the second triptych was finished - because I am fed up with it and can't be bothered doing any more to it. And no, you won't be seeing any photos.
I also finished Babybel's feely book, the pages of which have been sitting on my ironing board for several days. [Amazing what I will do when I need to iron something. Procrastinate - me?]

So here are the FOs*.

I think the knot garden hedge could do with a bit more of a prune, but I am pleased with it. The thing in the middle is, of course, a water feature, made with glass buttons from my mother's stash. If you look carefully you can see the goldfish in the pool.



And here are some pages from the book - although it is a bit difficult to appreciate a feely book to the full on a computer. The feely bits on these pages are a red metallic fabric and some lovely purple tweed.


This is red leather and purple felt,

and this is painted needlepoint canvas and fur fabric. I had fun with this. Hope she likes it!




*Finished objects. As opposed to UFOs.

No comments: