'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 19 July 2011

I had a dream…

about making an enormous wall hanging – not about litter, but for some reason about the kinder transport. I woke up at the stage when the tutor was gently suggesting I ought to quilt it.

That did give me an idea for joining some of my photos with faggotting [no, -I don’t see the connection either] and as I am at a complete loss for what to do for the PCs, I might just try it.

Today, being the second completely free day since the end of our Babybel-sitting duties [and I already miss the little monkey] had been allocated to PC/PMS. Instead it was spent on the essay. Wensleydale had read the penultimate draft, and, as usual, provided some sage advice, this time about clarifying my argument. And in the process of doing that I realised that some of my examples were irrelevant to the argument, while others needed development.

And when I'd done all that, just to be sure, I read the marking criteria. :>(

I hadn't contextualised my practice.

This of course assumes that I know what my practice is – even after two years of this course I am still trying to answer that question.

But I wittered on about how I would use what I’d learned from the study of artist’s books in my own books, not mentioning the distinct possibility that I won’t make any, proofed and printed and put it all in a binder and shoved it in my college bag.I will look at it again, honest, just in case, when I feel a little stronger.

Funny – I really enjoyed the written work on C&G.

Of course, finishing that and 3/5 of SAM has freed me up to worry about the personal cloths, and as I am at a complete loss for what to do for the PCs – oh, did I mention that?

Worry, worry, worry.

No comments: