'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 6 February 2012

Going a bit over the top?

Yesterday I spent a pleasant afternoon with Babybel and the VHC, while their dad and granddad tried to sort out some plumbing, and their mum sorted out her paperwork. [I can’t help feeling I got the best of the bargain there.] There was a lot of cuddling, tickling, story reading, giggling, and playing – and a certain amount of eating.

Today I got back on track. When I was battling with Wordpress, I checked the paperwork for the last modules [always a good idea to read the assessment criteria, preferably sooner rather than later] and discovered that one of the requirements was to make a plan of work/timeline. So I decided I’d better make one, which given that it's a few weeks since we got the module handbook, is ever so slightly retrospective.

It is carefully planned – sampling up till half term, then making models, and no proper pieces before Easter.

‘Mirror’, therefore, was definitimageely not in the plan  – think we’ll draw a veil over that…

Today was sampling, as per plan. I've been thinking for a while that it might be interesting to try adding additional layers to the tubes, so I tried out a few ideas.

Paper to begin with – some didn’t work as well as I'd hoped, but I like the brown paper on colour supplement and the colour supplement on brown paper, and the map.

Then I tried other sorts of wrappings – and that’s when things started to go a bit OTT.

 

 

image

I don’t think many of these are practical– they would add a lot of work to the basic tube – but I do like the thread-wrapped one. I like the lace barber’s pole as well, but it would need an awful lot of lace of make a 20-40 tube hanging!

Of course, I've just remembered I as going to try plastic as well – good job there is more sampling time in my plan!

No comments: