'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 17 March 2013

Another one bites the dust.

My first piece  for Hanger Farm. It started as a sketch, inspired by a photo of a Boro cloth I found online, went through a cople of apps, was printed on some of Crafty Computer Paper's prepared for printing cotton, and got a backing of felt and some embroidery.

I am postponing framing it until I feel strong enough. Although I am feeling much much much better, cutting it down to size feels a bit too much for me at the moment.

The other two pieces will be radically different (probably), involving heavy embroidery on hand dyed silk. I've started the design process, but it's got to the 'it'll get worse before it gets better' stage, so I have left it till Tuesday when I can look at it with fresh eyes.










If the worst comes to the worst I have more of these apped images I could print out - do you it might be better to do three  consistent pieces anyway? What would you expect to see at a selling show?











No comments: