'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sorry to disappear...

but I've spent most of the last couple of weeks in bed, dealing with this ¥+~}%#€ flu. I have been wonderfully looked after by the sainted Wensleydale, despite him having (a bit milder) bout of the same thing.

When I have got out of bed I have had to force myself to pick up a needle to finish 'Moving On', but I'm delighted to say to is now done.
There are a few loose ends in these pictures, but they have now been dealt with.

Of course my original design was for a star book arrangement, like this, but now it's done I prefer the concertina. 

Tomorrow I have to assemble some sort of packaging for it, and then on Friday deliver it to one of the hanging committee who will take it up to Brum, to the show, where you can see it if you wish, together with the work of my fellow students in the graduate showcase. I shall be there on Saturday and Sunday so please come and say 'hello'.

In April we have an exhibition here, for which I have, as yet made nothing, so the pace isn't going to slacken any time soon!

However, we do have a holiday booked here soon, which we really really need. We haven't been before (we do know the area), but it looks wonderful. Just look at those quilts in the main bedroom! The owner, Julie Shackson, is an artist, and I came across the cottage via her website - her art is equally stunning. Just looking forward to a complete lack of deadlines,  and with any luck, a lack of coughing too!








No comments: