'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 7 July 2009

I actually did some sewing today …

although I can’t show it to you. I did some improvisational piecing for the new Art Quilts Around the World challenge, ‘When/where sea and land meet’. So I found all my bits of sea-like fabric and sewed together some likely candidates. It all may come to nothing but at least I’ve done something.

I also got started on ‘P is for …’ which is drying as I type, but doesn’t yet have any stitch. I don’t think I’ll have time to start it tomorrow as we are planning a Wednesday wander, but hope to put needle to paper on Thursday. Yes, P is for paper – amongst other things …

I was wandering round the house taking photos ofIMG_7538 things I've done, – and surprising myself a bit about how much I have actually finished since finishing C&G, – when I spotted someone asleep on the spare room bed. So here is today's rather odd texture image. 

IMG_7563

 

And this is my attempt at reproducing that texture in a Turkey work sample for C&G.

No comments: