'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 5 July 2009

I’m still in the creative doldrums …

I think I know why – there is something which may or may not be happening in which I may or may not be involved. [Clear as mud?]

This is something which I really want to do, but until I know whether I'm going to be able to do it, I can’t settle to anything. Apart from a bit of knitting, and I’ve unpicked half of that once already. If all else fails, read the pattern …

IMG_7000

So here’s a bit of texture. Ivy stems [?] wrapped round one of our elderly apple trees. I think this one could almost be very irregular patchwork, or the obvious couching over a very crunchy [foiled?] surface. I also wonder whether it would work as abstract canvas work  a la Mary Rhodes. [Not this one, who I never heard of till I Googled just now. At least I assume she’s not the same one unless she was writing needlework books in her cradle.]

No comments: