- It is a beautiful spring day and my cherry tree is in blossom.
- I ate breakfast [OK, it was in bed.]
- I had a nap.
- I had a shower.
- I have clean hair!!!!! Not sweat-soaked spikes. [This post may get a little graphic.]
- I weighed myself. One of the [few] benefits of having no appetite fro 10 days is that you lose 4 kilos.]
- I got dressed. In clothes – not night clothes.
- I came downstairs.
- I ate lunch. At lunchtime. With two courses. [Soup and yoghurt.]
- I though about doing some homework to make up for the college session I missed.
- My finger nails are longer than they have been for years. Cheshire’s beauty tip – for beautiful nails, lie down all the time and don’t do anything. [I think the coughing is an optional extra.]
- Wensleydale has been the most brilliant nurse.
The bad things in life…
- I still cough my guts up every time I move – and at random times in between.
- I’ve pulled a muscle through coughing which makes it even more painful.
- Despite a longing for a bacon sarnie, I can’t have one. Eating food with edges leads to coughing and unsightly spluttering. My diet is restricted to porridge, soup, bread if I soften it in the soup, yoghurt, grapes, water, orange juice and tea.
- I’ve thought about homework, but can’t work up the energy to actually do any.
- Despite drinking the contents of a small reservoir over the past 10 days, my skin has the texture and colour of an old dishcloth.
- I still can’t talk.
Still – the good points outnumber the bad points. And I’ve got clean hair!!!!!
Thanks for all the kind messages you’ve sent. [Not sure about the ones in Chinese [?], so I rejected those.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
My husband needs to lose 4 kilos in 3 weeks but I don't think I'll recommend this particular treatment to him ;o) I can sympathise with the pulled muscle as I did the same thing with my cough and it certainly hurts. Sorry to say it took several weeks to settle down. Well done to Wensleydale for being a perfect nurse.
Post a Comment