'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 2 July 2010

Whew!

External examiner seen.    ü

Exhibition stewarded.        ü

Too much money spent at Winifred Cottage and Art Van Go.   ü

Time to hit the white wine, watch the Tour de France preview and relax – until I have to take it all down tomorrow.

The interview with the external examiner was more stressful than I had anticipated – I haven’t seen one for over 40 years, and I’m out of practice at being challenged - in the nicest possible way, of course. The overall conclusion was that I need to simplify the message in my work and make it much more obvious, not worry about technique or making it pretty, start doing the things that frighten me  and work on my drawing. None of it earth shattering but a bit disheartening, I'm afraid.

I’ve decided I need to do more adventurous ‘drawing’ – like screen printing or image transfer, perhaps – which may slow down production a bit.

Stewarding was exhausting in a different way – just standing around and talking for 2 hours without the benefit of a glass in your hand is hard work!

We won’t talk about spending money – but I did get this, – scrolling down the link may give you some idea why.  Top-27Someone else who likes Giorgio Morandi.

So no new drawings over the last two days – although I did add some deer to this page, using a commercial stencil. I felt it needed something and I did once see a deer in the Winchester Park and Ride car park, which is where most of the tickets came from! It’s come out a bit bright so I may risk a coffee wash.

No comments: