'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 29 August 2010

Books, books and

some collagraph plates.

I finally got round to doing something with a little slot book I made out of paste papers. I didn’t really intend to do anything with it, but it kept telling me it wanted to be drawn in, so yesterday I sat down with some metallic pens and pencils and doodled.

image

Mostly I just drew the shapes I saw in the paint – which is why the book ended up being called ‘Leaf’ – but I did make some holes as well.

 

image

So that’s another 8 drawings, which brings the total to 91, and it’s not September yet.

 

 

 

I decided I was suffering from a lack of embroidery in my life – so I had a little play with some Colour Catchers, left over bits of soldered sheers and hand-dyed thread. [To be honest, this one has been hanging arouimagend for a while – I finally got round to finishing it.]

The Colour Catchers were Bondawebbed together in pairs, which gave a firm base, then the sheers were appliquéd down and a bit of running stitch added.

Closed book bottom left, with different page views above.  Not very much embroidery but I enjoyed doing it and I like the result. But Wensleydale says they're not drawings so I can’t count them. :>( [I’m sure he’s right!]

 

IMG_2400

And to finish off a typical pre-Bank Holiday Sunday [i.e. wet and windy] I collected a pile of junk.  

 

 

 

IMG_2397

I covered some of the junk with double sided sticky tape.

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2404

And stuck down other bits of junk to make collagraph plates.

I have no idea if these will work – some of the textured surfaces are not very textured – but I will give them all a second coat of PVA in the morning and hope they dry in time to try them out in the afternoon.

Go out on a Bank Holiday Monday? Not blooming likely! I can have much more fun at home!

No comments: