'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Everything comes in threes.

Or in this case, possibly goes in threes, as I have finished three things in the last few days.

  1. Is a sweater, which I can’t show you because it’s drying, but it is pretty unexciting anyway – I don’t do complex patterns any more. Knitting is what I do when reading emails2011-03-08 or watching Scandinavian thrillers which i have to read.
  2. Is a little green one-sheet-of-paper book. It started as a print out, on newspaper, of one of my Sumopaint designs, but it was dominated by the ad on the newspaper, so it gained spray paint,  appliqué, stitch and sequins, and lost bits I cut out. Weird, but I like it.
  3. Is a slightly bigger purple book -  used Colour Catchers again. Yes, I have 2011-03-081a fair amount of purple washing.2011-03-082

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I like this one too.

My foot is much better, even after our sunny Monday morning Babybel, dog and duck IMG_4747walk. The ducks don’t actually join us on the walk, although they do tend to swim after bread providers for a short distance. The Canada geese, after ambushing unexpecting bread holders, will walk with us for a time, but they too lack stickability.

And that cygnet was so busy showing off he never got a nibble – unlike the dog.

Back to College tomorrow – we are looking at the theme of either:

  1. past, present, future – or
  2. identity.

Which, precisely, is unclear, but I can’t say I'm thrilled by either.

We have to take props which reflect our character and personality [I don’t have any bad-tempered old bat props, unfortunately] and will be photographed with them – or with someone else's – opinions vary.

Why do I keep thinking of ‘Calendar Girls’?

I am not taking my clothes off for anything – in any case, just like Celia Imrie, I’d need bigger buns…

No comments: