'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 15 May 2011

Woke up this morning …

and remembered – it’s finished! The draft essay that is. :>)

Of course, as i was dozing in bed, I had a much better idea for the conclusion. :>( But I had already decided that I was going to give myself a day off and do something totally unassociated with any degree work at all. Like make a bag, to hold the charity shop baby clothes I’m accumulating for somebody’s baby brother, when he arrives.

I thought I might find a suitable bit of something in the box of UFOs [as opposed to the bags of UFOs, you understand] which I meant to sort out a year last Easter, before I was struck down with the chest infection from hell.

The box turned out to contain several finished but unquilted quilt tops. OK-ish quilt tops, but nothing that I really want to bother wrestling through a sewing machine to quilt.

So, I offered them for charitable purposes on the British Quilt List, and they will be going to a good home not too far away ASAP.

But nothing suitable for bag making.

So I turned to my box of bright, multicoloured, never going to use it for anything else now I’ve given up patchwork and taken up subtler colours, fabric.

And found about 1.25 metres of something with cows on.

Mmm. who do I know who likes cows? But she doesn’t need a bag, she needs some summer dresses.

Now, a few months ago, I bought a book of patterns for trendy,  translated from the Japanese, children's clothing. Could I find it? What do you think?

Thanks to the magic of Google, I found this instead. Which was probably better because I didn’t have a lot of fabric, and the patterns for trendy,  translated from the Japanese children's clothing would probably have needed more than I had.

It’s a nice, quick little pattern [although I chose to make a casing for the elastic rather than sewing it in] and it is finished and will be on the way to Babybel’s house tomorrow.

And there is probably enough of it left to make pockets in a bag of some more of the multicoloured, never going to use it for anything else now I’ve given up patchwork and taken up subtler colours, fabric. Perhaps her little brother will like cows as well.

No comments: