'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 20 May 2011

Today’s the day…

when we have a lull in Babybel minding.

My plan was to:

  1. put on the washing
  2. make bread
  3. tidy up
  4. write my ‘exhibition proposal’ [i.e. how to I want to display the chest of drawers – I don’t think ‘under a bin bag’ is an option]
  5. hang out the washing
  6. make lunch
  7. bring my evidence of planning and organisation up to date
  8. work on the Research Project [most important]
  9. collapse into a heap and
  10. watch almost anything on TV.

You will notice there is no mention of a draft essay, because despite it not turning out to be quite as finished as I thought it was, it has been tweaked and ‘No further bulletins will be issued’.

I managed 1,2,3 – sort of, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I am sure I will manage 9 & 10 as well.

So what did I miss out? Only the most important. Procrastinate? Me?image

Instead I made 2 pinnies, which were needed urgently.

OK, maybe we only need one. Fairly urgently.

I wanna tell you a story.

Babybel likes to cook.

She cooks with her mummy.

She cooks with her daddy.

She cooks with Mrs Cheddar.

She scrambles eggs with her granddad.

She doesn't cook with me.

I can cook – I just don’t, much, any more. My specialties are bread, soup and salad – Wensleydale does everything else. [Yes, he’s wonderful. No, he’s not available.]

I decided that perhaps it was time Babybel did some cooking with me. OK, it will only be jam tarts with ready rolled pastry – but Auntie Mabel made them on ‘Come Outside’, which is what gave me the idea.

But if she’s going to cook with me tomorrow – she needs a pinny…

I found this pattern, which I particularly like because the child can put it on and take it off herself. Babybel’s new favourite phrase is ‘I can do it myself’ in a very firm tone of voice, so ease of use is important. The pattern was so clear and straightforward that I decided to make two - and I almost found myself making a third in PVC.

It will be road tested tomorrow, so we will see if it meets with Babybel’s approval.

Maybe I’ll manage a bit of RP-ing tonight …

No comments: