'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 27 April 2009

More books

well, covers, anyway.

IMG_6311

This is the poly satin I showed you yesterday – now with a bit of free motion quilting, and shortly to have some beads and – possibly – French knots.

 

This is tissue paper, unsuccessfully printed by the technique I described yesterday. The colour is either blue Quink or turquoise drawing ink from Colourcrafts. [Warning – do not go to this site if you are easily tempted by paints, dyes, pencils, pIMG_6312apers etc, at very reasonable prices. You have been warned. On your own head be it. And leave some for me.]

And they have a factory shop. Good job it’s in Sheffield.

But I digress. I crumpled the tissue paper, stuck it onto Vilene with Fuse FX and couched turquoise and white threads on to it. [Yes, I know I’m trying to give up Vilene. but it felt right today!] Then I added some beads and French knots. Is anyone else as addicted to beads and French knots or is it one of my little eccentricities?

gravel1

Today's achromatic picture is those pebbles again. I like the way this version brings out the bands of shading across the image.

No comments: