'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 25 April 2009

Some paper, some stitch, – and a purple picture. Oh – and a rabbit.

IMG_6298

Despite an insomniac night I've been quite productive today. At about 2 a.m. I decided it was about time I did something with this, which has been tacked to some felt for a few weeks now.

So it has been Kantha'd extensively and is currently in the washing machine being shrunk. Heaven knows what it will look like when it emerges from the washer.

 

 

IMG_6292

I also played around with some more tile ideas in paper. [Can’t get them out of my brain.] These are postcard size.

 

 

 

IMG_6293   I decided it was time to get away from the stamps – so here are some in cut paper with doodles…

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6294

and cut paper without doodles. I used all the cut out bits as well – love those bird shapes in the corners. These tiles are getting more and more elaborate.

 

 

 

 

contemporary textiles2

This is a technique I got from a Jane Dunnewold article in QA or CPS. There are three separate images, collaged in Picasa.

 

 

IMG_6025

The purple picture is another from Furzey Gardens – I think it’s a magnolia, but I’m sure you’ll correct me if I’m wrong. I find those strange flowers on bare stems quite weird.

 

 

 

IMG_4616

And the rabbit? The lady on the left decided she wanted to invite her new friend in to play and was quite miffed when we wouldn’t let her.

After a while it was only half a new friend but we still wouldn't invite it in.

She decided to think about the problem. In the sunshine. With her eyes closed. And while she was sleeping it off – er - thinking about the problem – the rabbit mysteriously disappeared. Odd, that.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

I popped into Winchester Cathedral on a free Sunday a little while ago and can see why you were so inspired. I really like the paper cuts you have done