'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 24 April 2009

Sometimes it is impossible to think of a snappy title …

so that one will have to do.

It has been one of those days – a couple of bad things, and some good ones.

  1. The woman at the gym who has decided to convert me to her brand of politics had another go. Should I tell her that she would probably be more successful if she tried to convert the Pope to Islam – and that telling me how teachers are responsible for all the ills of the world is unlikely to help convert me? ‘Oh – I suddenly realise that all my working life has been a complete waste of time and I should have become a rep for a chemical company like you!’  *
  2. Despite an attempt by the City Council to conceal access to their cafe by closing the Tourist Information Centre and rerouting us up one flight of stairs and down another one – we had coffee there anyway. However as they have [temporarily] located the Information Centre in the cafe, I think there may be a number of lost tourists wandering round the Council Offices. I would say that this is probably a bad time to redecorate the place if it didn’t make me sound like madam in point 1…
  3. I got the thread I wanted to finish the rusty postcards and hope to get them in the post tomorrow.
  4. Here is today’s purple picture. IMG_6029 An azalea [ I think] from Furzey Gardens.

That’s cheered me up.

 

 

 

 

 

* P.S. I have nothing against reps for chemical companies in general – just one in particular. I just want to go to the gym and do my circuit in peace without being hectored.

No comments: