'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 3 June 2009

The arashi gods were smiling

I think. the pieces are dyed and washed, and drying as I type. The colour effects seem – er – subtle – might have been better with a stronger dye solution, but they may look different when they’ve dried. Photos tomorrow. Subtle is not a problem anyway.

I have spent the afternoon trying to produce tatty fleur-de-lyses [think worn tiles] but my machine and the copper thread I want to use are not on speaking terms, so they are tattier than intended. I think it may be time to go and sit outside with some hand sewing …IMG_6787

Today’s photo is of the most common flower in our garden, and another of my favourites.

No comments: