'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 7 June 2009

More bits and bobs

I spent the day doing bits of finishing off – like this image-13

 

 

 

 

 

june '09

and this – with its inspiration.

 

 

 

 

I got the idea for the sewing from the booklet by Betsey Palmer Eldridge shown bottom left. Thanks to the Green Chair Press blog for the link to the Guild of Book Workers site where you can print off your own copy. Then you can probably do it better than I did!

I’ve also done a bit more arashi – yesterday I discharashiarged the pieces I dyed earlier. And in one case I wish I  hadn’t bothered …  Can you guess which? The piece dyed with a mixture of Procion dyes gives much more subtle results than the one dyed with Dylon, – and the discharged blobs are too big. I prefer subtle.

Perhaps it needs overdyeing …

IMG_6775

Today we reach the letter ‘D’, a drawn thread work dragonfly. Bit difficult to make a curved letter with a linear embroidery style, so please forgive the cheating!

No comments: