of waking up at 4.30 is that, after lying awake pondering on what to do, you can get up and get several pages made before breakfast.
One of the disadvantages is that you run out of enthusiasm and energy by the afternoon.
My plan was to get the basic folios assembled by lunchtime and spend the afternoon sitting in the garden adding a bit of hand embroidery, buttons, beads etc. Then I could assemble the book tomorrow, leaving Tuesday morning for slippage.
I decided that I really didn't need 7 signatures of 2 folios each – I ‘only’ needed 5 – with 3 folios each. In fact I ended up making 16 folios because I lost count – and it took me to mid afternoon to finish them.
Then it was too hot to sit outside, and just like yesterday I had no ideas about what to do. Hopefully some will materialise in front of the telly, but I think we are already into slippage.
This is what they look like at the moment:
the folios – a rather eclectic collection of samples -
and the signatures. No cover on this book, I’m pinching – er – exploring tutor Sue's idea for binding a series of pamphlets together. I have already experimented with tutor Terrie’s idea for using double sided sticky tape with foil – those shiny stripes on the turquoise signature. A non-iron method which is very good for someone who always gets the iron too hot …
Today's letter is [wonky] ‘O’ for an or nue-ish orange. [I know nue should have an accent, I just don’t know how to add it!] I am one of those weird people who enjoys or nue, although I probably wouldn’t if I tried to do it properly – i.e. with lovely evenly spaced stitches and proper threads.
And that’s your lot as far as alphabet embroideries are concerned until I can find the time to do ‘P’ –or even work out what ‘P’ is going to be …
Post a Comment