'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 9 June 2009

Could you break a CD?

Me neither. But someone at ‘The People’s Post Office’* can.

Babybel’s mum and dad sent us a CD of Babybel. In a jiffy bag, which tends to suggest that the contents need a little TLC.

Someone seems to have folded the jiffy bag. And the CD. Possibly our postie when he put it in the letter box.

Monetary value of a home-burned CD that can be replaced? Pennies.

Emotional value? Enormous. It feels like they have hurt Babybel.

* Note to non-Brits – ‘The People’s Post Office’ is the ‘re-branding’ of what used to be called the Royal Mail. I’m no royalist but since the service was established by Charles 1 in 1635 [ah, the wonders of Wikipedia!] I see no need to bugger around with the name, even if you have buggered around with the service.IMG_6892

Of course my mood is not helped by the weather. This is today’s photo, from about the same place as this one, taken just a week ago. [I didn't lie on the grass to take this one – I'm not completely mad.]

Is it possible to have SAD in the summer as well as the winter?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no, I'm so upset about that. I hadn't heard that either you and Lewis, or my Mum and Dad had received it yet but thought you must have done as R posted it a week ago Monday. It sounds like someone has stepped on it. I'll let R know to burn and send you a new copy as soon as he can.