'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 26 June 2009

Sometimes I can’t think of a snappy title …

perhaps because after a bad night and a Contemporary Textile Workshop my get up and go has got up and gone.

It was a good day – especially because my friend A had some very good news – well, two lots of good news really. Congratulations, A!

The morning session was an introduction to simple book making – which I have done once or twice before - but the afternoon was more challenging. If I'd known what we were going to do I’d have taken different stuff, so I shall be starting again, although I have to get my book of samples made by Tuesday afternoon, which is when we put up the end of year exhibition. I’ll show you the result when I have sorted my ideas out …

The exhibition, by the way, is at the Cranbury Centre, Eastleigh College, starting in the evening of Thursday 2nd June, and continuing on  Friday till 4 and Saturday till 1pm. Not just Contemporary Textiles, but also P&Q and Embroidery C&G.

IMG_6962

On a completely different topic – here is ‘N’ for a needle-woven nest – great fun to do.

And now it’s getting round to time to slob in front of the TV with a drink …

No comments: