'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 10 September 2009

Just in case …

you are suffering from passion flower/dahlia deprivation – I thought I would continue with flower images – but not tweaked – I’m all tweaked out [for now].

So I have gathered together all my flower photos and will post some of them – not all, I promise. Why do I photograph so many flowers when I don’t do flowery embroidery? Is my subconscious trying to tell me something?IMG_6132

A bit unseasonal – my favourite flower  photographed last Easter in Yorkshire. When the sun was shining.

 

 

We’ve had a quiet day today – well, I have. W. has demolished a boat. As you do. It was left over from an adolescent interest of Cheeses Major and Minor – in between judo and girls, as I remember. But 15 years on – it had become just a tad rotten, so it has been chopped up and will go to the dump – er ‘Household Waste and Recycling Centre’.

I was going to do some Bansky-inspired embroidery.

So I made a bag. Bad, bad Cheshire!

I came across this link to Terry Atkinson’s pattern for a sock sack – which is a bag for your sock knitting, not your socks – although you could of course keep socks in it …

But as my current computer knitting is socksIMG_8412 – it was obviously compulsory to make a sock sack.

So I did.  And for once I stuck to the pattern – apart from adding a lining and using cord for the ties rather than fabric tubes.

You can see that, as advertised, it is the right size for socks-in-progress.  The patch/zip is a pocket – which is long enough for spare sock needles, but would also take a tape measure, stitch markers etc. – possibly even a notebook and pencil.

It’s a nice pattern and I’m tempted to make another one. Not that I have more than one set of socks on the needles but it reduced my stash a bit, and I’m sure I could find something else to put in it.

No comments: