Months ago, when I was feeling uninspired, and it was a nice day to sit in the garden and sew – I started an embroidered box from instructions in ‘Stitch’. And then it stopped being warm enough to sit outside and sew, and I realised I didn’t have enough of the rather nice knitting ribbon I was using and nothing else worked – and it all got shoved into a bag and sulked in my sewing basket reminding me that it wasn’t finished.
So, in an effort to clear the decks before starting the degree – I simplified the design, and managed to finish it.
It is much greener than it looks here – that’s in colour, not ecologically speaking, given that it is made from synthetic materials.
I have also, as promised, turned my green roller-printed pages into a book – a concertina binding.
And some St John’s Wort to finish with. One of those plants I tend to take for granted, but when I look at it the colours are lovely, and a little bit unexpected.
Post a Comment