'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 26 October 2009

Moving on …

from Banksy to Gormley – my other Installation artist for Contemporary Textiles – although some other artists have crept in tTop-4.BMPhere as well. I thought I hadn’t done much in the Gormley book, but now I look at it again, there is quite a lot – although it’s quite repetitive.

Can’t show you the cover because I used someone else's photo for it,  but it involves a seascape and this stencil. The stencil, and ‘halo’ figures, appear quite a lot. The background is layers of ephemera and paint.

Incidentally, there is a mention of Contemporary Textiles – and the degree - in an interview with Susan Chapman in the current issue of ‘Patchwork and Quilting’ – I glanced through it  in WH Smiths and thought ‘I’d recognise that hair anywhere’.

No comments: