'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Daily photo # 13 [!]




This is based on a section of the original pebble picture which I just filled in with doodles - very therapeutic! I borrowed ideas for some of the fillings from a lovely little Dover book by R.M. Proctor called 'Principles of Pattern Design'. One obvious way to translate this into stitch would be black work, or I could revert to the applique idea using some of my collection of black and white fabrics.
When not doodling I have been making these - 18 month size in case we get a summer this year. When I did the big stash sort I realised I had some remnants which would make toddler dresses, so despite my assertion that I didn't bother sewing for Babybel because it was cheaper to buy from charity shops - I've done a bit of sewing. The patterns came from a book I bought in Oxfam, so there has been a charitable donation involved!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

You've been sewing? Welcome to the dark side ;-)