'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Friday 23 January 2009

Lots of lovely eye candy ...

here. Great to see so many men included.

I am pleased to report that after a hiatus of some weeks, embroidery has been resumed chez Cheese. Last century I made a lot of Christmas stockings - mostly in canvas work but also in patchwork and crazy quilting. This one was the last one I started before getting bored with the whole idea. I think I last worked on it when we went to Helsinki in 1999!

It surfaced again when I had the big clear out. I was going to bin it but I decided to finish it because I like the colours. The motif isn't original, I'm afraid, and the outline of the stocking will need redrawing to balance the pattern, but I've added another 4 motifs since it came out of the heap. And I remember why I got frustrated with it - it is very easy to make a mistake ... Of course Babybel already has a Christmas stocking but that's a big one, so this may become a little girly one for her - especially if I can fit her name across the top ...


My design work today was inspired by the little book on illuminated initials I bought yesterday, although they are not as elaborate as the ones in the book. I started off using a stencil for the C's but then got brave and used Paint Shop Pro for the A&B. As you can see I am hooked on doodling, which seems to be all over the blogosphere at the moment - which reminds me of this.

I have a feeling that there as another LP cover with a similar design, but I can't remember what it was. Can you?




























No comments: