'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 25 January 2009

Fragmented pebbles -

a favourite exercise from Dunnewold et al's 'Finding Your Own Visual Language'. The original is top right.



Although in the past I have always used designs like this in a repeated pattern, for some reason these remind me of 60's canvas work like that of Mary Rhodes - big, highly textured and often brown. I rather like the style [if not the colour] but then I rather enjoyed the sixties!



The machine embroidery has also made progress: here it is with the soluble stabiliser washed out, drying on a rather grubby radiator.

Short post because I spent most of the afternoon struggling to make a birthday card for ? I managed it at last after a lot of swearing. I hope ? likes it ...

No comments: