'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 24 January 2009

More embroidery has been done -

by machine, this time. What are they? Watch this space...










I am prepared to reveal that this unlovely piece is my attempt to lessen the roundness of the pebble tracing, by cutting it up, rearranging it, and adding some straighter lines.

Using the L--shaped card thingies produced the two sections below - a sort of flower and a sort of person/duck. I wasn't actually trying to produce something representational - it just happened that way! I would like to play around with these a bit more some time.












Then I copied, and inverted, and flipped, and stuck the bits together - all digitally, no glue sticks were harmed in the process - to get two patterns - now named 'Ducks' and 'Hearts'. Possibly blackworky borders?










And serendipitously [blogging does test the spelling] my tracing of the original sections landed on top of a print out of 'Hearts'. Sort of digital doodling?


No comments: