'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 8 January 2009

Inspired by

this blog I decided that today's photo should be this picture, although there are no boats. I took it in Wales, so it is probably Towyn beach.

I think I took it when I was researching my first C&G wall hanging which attempted to show water breaking over a beach. When I'm feeling courageous I may post a photo - it doesn't look anything like this.

I like the repetition of the groyne [had to check the spelling of that!] posts and the reflections in the water, which are very stitch like. Lots of texture too.

While you are about it, it is worth visiting Joanne and Lynne's other blog which is wonderfully eclectic. I have Joanne's book on paper making which is very good and has lots of ideas for making books.
You could also contribute a paper boat to a worthwhile cause...

No comments: