'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 15 November 2009

A bit of drawing,

a bit of weaving and even some embroidery.

The drawings were my first efforts at exercises from ‘Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain’ – and though I claim that this is a ‘warts and all’ blog, there are some blemishes which are just too nasty to reveal. IMG_9262

This is the weaving – the return of the demented kite, with an extra strut, two more warps and a selection of wefts.

When Jae Maries writes about this in her book she tells you to pull the warps tight – and she’s right. Otherwise they get looser and looser and looser.

This is looking too heavy for my liking – but after all it’s ‘only a sample’.

IMG_9259

And this is the embroidery – it isn’t really quite this pale. The simplified faces don’t work in stitch – but it’s another sample!

 

 

 

 

IMG_9123

You have seen this page from my sketchbook before, but I’ve added a [shiny] photo of the primary source [got to get primary and secondary sources right for the degree]. I drew the arrangement from a CT installation and then cut up the drawing to make the stencil I used for the page. Got that?

No comments: