'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Calling all Hampshire textile artists!

You might want to know about this - if you don't already.


See you there - but I don't think I will be entering these, much as I like them.
These are the three experimental pieces after washing. They all shrank a bit - and they all distorted - which may be due to the repeated diagonal foundation piecing as much as the washing.
From left to right - the piece on cotton wadding, the piece on cotton flannel, and the piece on felt - which definitely shrank the most. However the flannel had been washed once already, so might have shrunk more if it had been loomstate.
They are all now in a dye bath. Yellow, as it happens.
Today's yellow picture continues the floral theme. In Part 1 of C&G we had to select an artist to study and produce some 3d pieces [anything but fabric], inspired by his or her work.
I chose Andy Goldsworthy - in particular this image.
And this is my tribute - in crepe paper. It doesn't quite have the magic of the original - but it was fun to do.

Once again, Blogger doesn't approve of my para breaks so isn't including them. I feel like giving it a lesson on improving legibility!

No comments: