'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 23 March 2009

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze ...

although 'wind' would be more accurate.

When I was going through my photographs looking for yellow ones I realised that although I have a lot of pictures of yellow flowers - I didn't have any of my favourite flower.

So this morning I rushed outside and took one.


Unfortunately it was quite windy so they were difficult to photograph.

And although I have been trying not to post any more pictures of the cherry tree - I couldn't resist. Aren't they beautiful? I love the little circle of darker pink dots formed by the stamens. I understand why the Japanese so love cherry trees.




And finally - another experiment. These are three explorations of adding black stripes to neutral, dyeable, fabric - or, in a couple of cases, polyester which won't dye. Some of the black stripes are piped.

They look pretty similar [if my sewing was more accurate they would have been identical] but one has felt underneath, one has cotton wadding, and one has cotton flannel.

Since I took the photo they have been through a hot wash to see how much they shrink. When I took them out they looked as if they had shrunk about the same amount, but I'll measure them when they are dry.
They will be dyed some time this week - I hope. In two places I layered sheers over a base fabric - in one case cotton organdy over poly, in the other sparkle organza over cotton - to see what happens in the dye bath.
Watch this space.

No comments: