'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Despite having a cold ...

I have been fairly productive.

I finished another little book at the weekend, since when it has been sitting under the ancient Singer getting flattened. This is the poly satin I transfer dyed under a selection of ribbons - with the ribbons in a grid on top. It is another pamphlet stitch binding, this time with 4 holes.




I also finished the BQL March challenge quiltlet, in record time for me. The brief was to use a photo printed on fabric but, never one to do as I'm told, I used a piece from one of my Inkaid printing experiments. The coloured squares are silk, but unfortunately I didn't have any black silk.

Wenselydale calls it 'Cosmic Chess' because the printed design was inspired by images from NASA.


And this is today's turquoise picture - although it could be the inspiration for a stamp . I took the photo at a hotel we stayed in in India - stunning building and position, the less said about the food the better .... Just use your imagination - er - probably better not.




No comments: