'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 7 March 2009

It has been a time for finishing off things.

I have finished my quilt for 'Around the World in 20 Quilts' - in good time, as it isn't due until the end of the month, when you can see it in it's entirety. I started it a while ago but in the middle of my insomniac night last night I suddenly couldn't remember where it was. Panic!

So today I found it [not too difficult as it turned out] and finished it. This was all I had left to do - and several other similar clusters. The topic is 'Brave New World'.




I have also turned my Stitched Textile Design Group piece into a cushion, as it told me to. I really wanted red velvet, but all the velvet I could find was reddy orange, not reddy pink. Even finding this cream was difficult as all the others were too yellow.




I am not a proficient cushion maker, but I am pleased with the result. I won't show you the back as I was very bad and didn't do a fancy closure, as a good C&G person should have done ...


And for my last turquoise image - an old photo of my favourite small person. She's a bit bigger now but still looks good in turquoise.



I think we will move on to red tomorrow. [She looks good in red, too.]

No comments: