'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 29 August 2009

And for my next tricks …

I move on to Fotoflexr – although it is quite possible I’ve already mentioned it as I’m getting all these similar names a bit confused …

I like this program quite a lot, although I couldn’t get the distortion effects to work. Apart from that it is quite simple to use and has a range of over 20 effects, all of which allow a certain amount of tuning.FotoFlexer_coloursketch

This is the ‘Colour Sketch’ effect, which I think would be a good basis for some traditional embroidery – if I ever did such a thing.

 

 

 

FotoFlexer popfade_Photo

One of the adjustments you can make is to fade out the effect and fade in the original – which is what I did with this one, combining the original image with the ‘’Pop Art’ effect.

 

 

FotoFlexer_blueprint fade Photo

I did the same thing with the ‘Blueprint’ effect, which I haven’t found anywhere else. These are my sort of colours – I like this a lot.

 

 

 

FotoFlexer_inkstamp   fadePhoto

 

And this is ‘Ink Stamp’ + fade – fading in the original adds a little bit of colour.

 

 

 

FotoFlexer_neonfade And this is ‘Neon’ + fade.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fotoflexr, like Picnik, seems like a good place to start if you are new to all this – not too many decisions and pretty straightforward to use – although if anyone works out how to get the distortion effects to work, please let me know!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

This would be a beautiful design for a silk painted scarf. In fact I thought it was one.