'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 13 August 2009

Sorry not to post yesterday …

but we went on another Wednesday wander with Mr and Mrs Cheddar, this time all the way to Bristol.

We went mainly for this, but had a guided tour of the city from Mr and Mrs C, as it’s their old home.banksy aug '09

It was well worth the trip – although we are still recovering.

I have to admit that although I had heard of Banksy, I wasn’t really very familiar with his work. I think I know it a bit better now! 

The animatronics were amazing.

Photography was allowed without flash but my little camera struggled to cope.

banksy aug '091

I’ve decide who one of my Installation artists will be for Contemporary Textiles, though.

 

 

 

 

 

banksy aug '092

I particularly liked this Damien Hirst with added rat.

 

 

 

wood10weave (2a

And now for something completely different – a woven plank. Paint Shop Pro again, the ‘weave’ filter.

Pales into insignificance compared with that lot above!

No comments: