'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Saturday 19 December 2009

A little drawing, a little embroidery, and a little smearing.

The drawing was part of my Old Year’s Resolution to draTop.BMPw every day – and show some of the results. So this very simple effort is appearing in public. [The cat really did look as if it was about to topple over – honest! It was standing on a box to raise it to eye level.]

 

 

IMG_9623

Remember this? Which no-one but me liked?

 

IMG_9792

 

 

 

 

Now it looks like this. It has gained some transfer painted Lutradur and some FME’d feathers, which you may be able to see if you peer at the monitor. Even Wensleydale likes it now.

And the smearing? I added some blue rub-on wax to the turquoise and silver effort from yesterday. No point in a photo, it barely shows to the naked eye, but it has calmed it down a bit. I have some ideas for stitch, so may try those this evening before I have to put down hand work to read ‘Wallender’.

IMG_9401

This is also one of my drawings [two in one post!] This was part of my Picasso inspired work in my C&G sketchbook.

I collected a lot of images of Picasso portraits – you can just see Picasso’s ear, in a self-portrait on the next page, under her nose. This is the face from one of those portraits – a woman with flowers in her hair.

My drawing was scanned and printed on an acetate, which is why she is see-through. The flowers are stencilled texture gel, then Brusho with cling film crumpled on top while it was still wet – the Brusho, not the texture gel …

No comments: