'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 28 December 2009

Still playing around….

with the jar opener ideas.

IMG_9740-1

This is a section from the jar-opener-inspired collage I made at college –

 

 

 

glasstile

which, surprise surprise, I plugged into some photo manipulation software - [Paint.net, I think]   and got this  - which to be honest didn’t inspire me much.

 

But then in the early hours of this morning I remembered an idea from a book. Pleat some fabric, print on it, then spread out the pleats.

IMG_0014

So I tried it on paper first – and realised that if you have wide pleats close together you get  a very fragmented image. [All these samples were pleated horizontally and vertically – but not all ‘horizontals’ and ‘verticals’ were geometrically accurate.]

 

 

 

IMG_0027

I used this stamp – as I’m sure you can tell <g>. Although it doesn’t look it in the photo, it is of the  negative spaces left when I cut out the jar opener shape for the other stamp. I used this one rather than the positive shape because there is more of it!

 IMG_0015

This is newspaper – which looked a bit drab till I painted it with  Koh-i-Noor purple. Yes – purple. my camera is a purple free zone, unfortunately. I stapled the pleats in at the top, after it dried.

 

 

 

IMG_0010

And this is silk – which after the paint dried was stitched to a bit of felt. The pleats were about 0.5 cm wide. and a couple of cm apart – although as you can see they weren’t parallel.

 

IMG_0011

I’ve got this lot out to embroider the silk  – now all I’ve got to do is decide what to do with them.

 

 

 

IMG_9414

Here are some more C&G trees. I really like these – I’m not sure why I never did anything with them. They would have been much better than my abortive attempts to cover a lampshade with Klimtian birches …

No comments: