'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 24 May 2009

Another good reason to have a grand-daughter…

To begin at the beginning.IMG_6586

I’m sure you’ll agree that my slippers need replacing.  Grubby, holed, and a bit too big.

So I knitted myself another pair, using the same pattern, but a smaller size. And then I put them in the washing machine to felt them. Just as I did the previous pair.

IMG_6587 This is how they came out. [Like most Europeans I have a front loading washing machine, so I can’t monitor shrinkage as it happens.]

I’m sure they’ll fit Babybel one day.

If she takes after her dad – any day now.

 

IMG_6588

So to cheer myself up I made some books. The covers were serendipitous – I thought it was plain black card until after I’d cut it and turned it over. Leaves from my Klimt period. And finally, a good use for that metallic thread that splits and splits and splits …

They were inspired by this example on Liisa’s blog.

IMG_6590

 

 

 

IMG_6592

The pages are made from paper smooshed with acrylic using a credit card – one of my favourite techniques, because it requires no skill.

 

IMG_6552

Coincidentally, today's C&G image is also of gold leaves. These are slips – real leaves printed on black Vilene, free-motioned, cut out and applied to a hand-dyed background.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Celia, what do you do with all the books you make? Mine sit on the shelf for me to enjoy them until I feel able to use them. Sometimes I give them away to friends. Sometimes, I make two - one for me and one to give away. Best wishes Lesley