'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 11 May 2009

Something and nothing

It’s been a busy day but almost all of it has been non-textile related – gym, haircut, and a pleasant lunch out. The dyeing has moved from the litter tray to the washing machine to the drying rack – and I think the experiment has worked – but I’ll show you that tomorrow.

As we were early for the restaurant, we decided to go into the Discovery Centre and found this. For some reason it had escaped my normally well tuned nose for exhibitions. Some interesting stuff [including knitting!] and not much of the sort of representational work which has appeared in many of the small local exhibitions I have visited, and which has little appeal for me. The more abstract the better, say I!

IMG_6416

So in lieu of anything more exciting, here are some more tassels. In addition to the standard examples there are a couple of the knotted pompoms i talked about yesterday, and a couple made from strips of fabric rolled into a tassel. The reddish one, top left, is a piece of fringed leather, and the one bottom right is a torn selvedge from some tweedy fabric – I added a strip of untasselled fabric to remind myself how I did it.

No comments: