'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Tuesday 5 May 2009

I’ve got to admit it’s getting better

and will be better still after I’ve been soothed by the soft Welsh lilt of my dentist tomorrow morning, while he repairs the ruins of my molar.

I just wish he had something other than ‘Rugby World’ in the waiting room …

IMG_6405 This is looking better too – a bit more definition. Quality Control gave it her seal of approval last night by sitting on it and was very miffed when I chased her off.

 

 

 

Here’s a close up – I'm using a Madeira ribbony braidIMG_6407y thing in silver and gold, couched down with pearl beads. I keep thinking of Elizabethan gallants in white silk doublets.

 

 

 

 

IMG_6408

This is a bit better, but I'm still underwhelmed.

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6410

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6412

And this arrived, which cheered me up – or would have done if I had any money …

When Texere said they were producing a printed catalogue i assumed they were giving up on the samples of yarns stuck to pieces of paper.

As you can see I was wrong.

I want one of each! At least! It almost makes me want to take up knitting again – more seriously than computer knitting – but I don’t have time. [I do make exceptions for toddler knitting, and I have noted some nice machine washable red yarn for future use.]

I will probably order some yarns for dyeing, and some of their Inspiration packs, and then there’s the metal wire – and the felting wool – excuse me while I go and look through it all again. Good job they’re in BradIMG_3996ford.

Here’s a brown picture to look out while I'm spending money I haven’t got – taken at ‘Art in the Garden’ last year. Is it really brown? – possibly not, but the colours are wonderful.

 

 

 

P.S.  the weather is still c**p.

P.P.S. I just moved most of these pictures to the opposite side of the post with a click of a button. Try doing that in Blogger… Thank goodness I discovered Live Writer

No comments: