'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Monday 18 May 2009

B****y computers.

For some reason, the computer had decided not to let me open Paint shop Pro or Picasa – shortcuts didn’t work, opening them from ‘All Programs’ didn’t work – the only thing that did was to reload the programs.

Keep your fingers crossed …

IMG_6538

She doesn't care, though. As I had commented on her new habit of sleeping on the kitchen table – she decided to sleep on my workbench instead. Of course those carded fibres – and the heater you can’t see in the photo – may have contributed to QC’s decision. Or bloody-mindedness. Or both …

IMG_6539

Despite another insomniac night, [which is why the heater was on under the cat], I have made progress with the waddingless quilt. I decided not to unpick the non-concentric – or non-circular- circles, on the assumption that I wouldn’t do any better if I did them again.

IMG_6540

If you don’t like that side, try this one.

As you can see, it is not flat. Some of you may, like me,  be old enough to reamer 50’s bras, with the cups stitched in circles …

Not that I wore one like that – I'm not quite that old.

IMG_6542

It isn’t finished yet – i want to cut back some of the sheers to show the hand dyed silk underneath. And add some beads and sequins.

I rather like this technique – i think it would be fun to do proper quilting on a layered piece like this. Not that I do proper quilting, but the machine  does …

And I have just realised that whatever attacked Picasa seems to have hidden all my photos from the last 6 months – including the C&G ones. Excuse me while I go and scream in the corner …

No comments: