'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Thursday 21 May 2009

What comes into your mind if I say ‘Woodstock’?

This?

Or this?

Well – it was the second one we went to today. To see this.

It is very good. One of those exhibitions where I wished I had won the Lottery. [Would help if I did it.] Some lovely clothes, jewellery, bags etc. I loved Carole Waller’s coats and jackets, Bridget Bailey’s peapods, Emily Jo Gibbs’ combinations of silver and embroidery, and Sue Rangeley’s mind blowing free motion embroidery, although there wasn’t anything I wouldn’t cheerfully have brought home.

And the coffee shop was good too.

The only problem was that we didn’t discover the long term car parks until we were leaving, so we had to do it all in an hour.

We had thought of going here till we found out how much it cost – perhaps later in the year when the winter rates are in operation …

So we got back a bit earlier than expected and I had time to fill.

So I made a book.  IMG_6561 This is a buttonhole binding. The cover is layers of paper painted with emulsion and Brusho. It is not really strong enough for the binding but I love the look of it.

 

 

 

 

IMG_6584

So much that I used the left-overs to make a pamphlet stitch – er -pamphlet.

 

 

 

 

 

Today’s photo is  shadow workIMG_6547 - inspired by an Indian design. Fun to do but I wouldn’t like to do a lot of it!

No comments: