'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Some good news!

Not about photos, although some good suggestions have been made, [thank you!] which I have passed on to the senior techie. I’m not touching anything in case I make it worse. I’ve even got the desk top turned off and I’m using the laptop instead.

The good news is about  Ronaldo the Wonder Dog, who I may have mentioned once or twice.

I did point out that her real name is Skye, and that she had been short listed for the Rex Factor award from the Dogs Trust.

Well – last night was the awards ceremony.

Guess who won?

I’ll be seeing her on Wednesday – I’ll let you know if fame has gone to her head.

I’m still lacking creativity so I decided to work through some of my pile of printouts of ideas from the ‘net.

Starting with this one.IMG_6558

Here is my version. A bit of recycled embroidery and mount card, some index cards and a binder clip. With hindsight a second binder clip might have been a good idea – but I like it. I may add a piece of elastic to help keep it closed.

IMG_6545  Here is another appliqué sample. Machine reverse appliqué. I think the variegated thread was a mistake – far too regular – but believe me this is the only way I would ever do a lot of reverse appliqué. I’ve tried it by hand and I didn’t enjoy it!

No comments: