'If you make happiness your goal, then you're not going to get to it… The goal should be an interesting life."

Dorothy Rowe

Sunday 3 May 2009

Not much stuff going on around here …

after yesterday’s frenzy of finishing. Well – I finished one sock. The first Trapunto piece is drying after having the marker pen and soluble thread washed out, but I think it will need more rows of hand embroidery so I can’t count it as finished yet.

The weather looked as if it was going to be nice enough to sit outside with some hand embroidery – the second Trapunto piece – but every time I went outside the sun went in and it got cold. If I came in to work in the conservatory the sun came out and it got too warm …  Then Quality Control decided she wanted to be a lap cat which is unusual. She even let me groom her, so the bin is now full of spare cat. Those of you who have had long-haired cats [what my SIL calls a ‘fluffy pussy’] will know what my lap looked like after I’d finished.

So in the absence of anything more exciting – a brown imBeFunkyage.

Another bit of photo manipulation using – you guessed it – befunky. Despite the similarity of the pose to some ads for the English Tourist Board, it is my own photo. It is Anthony Gormley’s ‘Sound II’ in the crypt of Winchester Cathedral. The last time we visited  it was very quiet and I was able to take the photograph  without having to push my way through lots of people in a confined space.

And the crypt was flooded so there was a reflection which you can just about see.

It is certainly my favourite sculpture, and probably my favourite piece of art. Sorry, Crosby or Angel of the North fans – they can’t compare with the perfect match of this piece and its setting.

No comments: